Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 78, Lilburn, GA- Music is Powerful

Welp. Today we went and saw the Hindu temple. It was cool.
The family with 8 kids is getting baptized! December 3! Really, our
whole focus with this family is on the kids. They are soaking
everything up. They love "Once there was a snowman" and "Jesus Wants
me for a Sunbeam" (I have not taught them "once there was a dough
man"...) but they love the primary songs so much. Bishop basically
just said to teach them through song. Haha it reminds me of the
conference talk from April 2015 by Rosemary Wixom. In it she shares
the story of a mother who felt her testimony was dwindling, but was
called to be the primary pianist. She relearned the simple truths of
the gospel through the primary songs.
Music is powerful.
Our focus is on helping this family get into as many member homes and
meeting with as many active members as possible. We had our relief
society president over when the 8 year old said: "I don't ever want a
husband because he'll beat on me." Our relief society president
shared: "you know what, I've been married 37 years and my husband has
never hit me or yelled at me". All the eyes in the room went wide. The
19 year old son was especially shocked: "Are you serious? Never?!"
It's these kinds of experiences that are opening doors these kids
never even knew existed.
I'm so grateful for the privilege to be a part of this work and the
opportunity to learn along the way.
I love and miss you!
Hermana Wallis


 Our friends that wanted to say goodbye and have photos

 Our Zone
 Teaching the kids about baptism and singing
Hindu Temple