Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 77, Lilburn, GA Memory game...

Went to the surgeon this morning and he
said I'm done! The arm is a problem of the past! However I still can't
rotate my arm enough to play the piano....  I'm done with my splint
though! I'm so happy about that.


I have a huge testimony of gratitude. There is SO much to be thankful for! Always. The Lord's hand is there, we just have to be willing to acknowledge it. 
So something I haven't mentioned is that every Wednesday and Friday we
get to volunteer at Delmar. A Senior center. On wednesdays we paint
nails and on fridays we sing with the residents and each ice cream
with them. It's the bomb. Haha inside it looks like a cruise ship...
but I think the best part is how close all the residents are! It's
like they're one big family! They all know and love each other. There
were a few who tried to run away, so they opened up "memory care". We
brought them ice cream last week and it was so cute- their faces lit
up like they remembered us! Well, particularly, my companion. She is
so sweet with all of them and just knows how to help them feel special
and loved.
We are still working with Arrica. This week we played the nice game.
Haha everyone had to go around and say what they loved about each
member of the family. It was so cool! Everyone was so sincere and a
special spirit entered the room. The kids all had fun and really
bonded together. There's good in everyone, we just have to be willing
to see it! It's a lot like gratitude- every day we can chose to mope
around or we can chose to see blessings all around us. Some of the
things I'm grateful for: well we got to go to the temple! And I
passed! Haha and the surgeon said I no longer need to wear my brace
and my arm is fully healed! 🎉
I am so grateful to be here! And remember that if the donkey or the
elephant disappoint this week, turn to the Lamb. Haha
I love you!
Hermana Wallis
 Playing memory in memory care. (I know. But it was the only set of
cards we could find!)
 Atlanta Temple

Arrica and some of her kids after the nice game. 🙃