Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 76, Lilburn, GA 8 kids and counting!

 3 year old at employment center
 Trunk or Treat
 Trunk or Treat
 Singing Primary Songs
Nice family that fed us

Happy Halloween!
This week started off with a bang because we had FHE with our Mission
President and our investigator's family.
She's a single mom with 8 kids. Age range 19 to 3yr.
It was the neatest experience. The Bennions were so good! They had
games that kept all the kids entertained and everyone had fun. (Except
for the moody teenager who didn't want to do anything... But we've all
been there...) I think it was the first time they all had wholesome
fun together! They all loved it.
She wants to be baptized so bad. President and Bishop have been so
good with her. She isn't sure where she'll be in January, so we are
waiting until we know where she will be living before we get the green
light for a go.
She is someone who it is just changing her life and her whole family.
It is the neatest thing to help someone accept the light of the
gospel- especially when they really need it! We went by with the
primary president this week and the kids were nuts! Everyone was
fighting and yelling and all on top of each other- it was just bad. So
immediately we just started singing "I am a Child of God" and the
whole house just calmed down. Thanks to the iPads, we just pulled up
the primary songs and literally sang with them for about an hour. It
changed the whole house. There was peace because the spirit was there.
We taught the kids how to pray and they each said their own prayer.
Each of them prayed for peace in their lives.
I am so grateful to be here and to work with them! We took their mom
down to the employment office and are starting her on the Church's
self reliance program: My Foundation, Spear headed by us. Because we
found it on Lds.org and we are going to use it! Sometimes I feel like
the reason why I'm still here is because of all the things I'm
learning in this program. Lol.
I love this work and am so grateful for the privilege to serve!
Love always,
Hermana Wallis

3 yr old at employment center; Trunk or treat; singing primary songs;
(nice family that fed us once) I'm still sick of my arm. Oh PS! I see
the surgeon in a week. I can now rotate my arm 65 degrees, but I need
80 degrees by next Monday. Pt is officially intense and painful.