Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bicycle accident and broken arm

This is a letter we received from a wonderful woman in Madeleine's mission, describing the bicycle accident she had last evening.  This lady is truly an angel from heaven:)

Hi Folks,

Thought you might like more details on the events of last night.   The girls called me immediately after Sister Wallis fell.  I jumped in the car and headed out to get them.  At the same time a biker on the other side of the road had seen the accident.  Now...the amazing part...his first thought was...girls on bikes in dresses....they must be Sister Missionaries.  He got across the street at the same time the girls got off the phone with me.  Not sure what all the conversation was but he knew the girls would need help getting their bikes back to their apartment.  His Mom was not far away at the store and she said she would come with her truck and help the girls.  Small world....they are Mormon...In fact they had just had Elders to their house last night for dinner.  They brought the bikes and I took the girls to their apartment to get their car.  Super nice people...the Mom served a mission when she was young.

The girls didn't leave for the hospital until after 9:00 pm.  They were there until around 4:00 am.  I'm sure you have an update on Sister Wallis' condition.   We had already had plans to have lunch today and they still wanted to go.  We met a out  12:30 and had a nice lunch.  Sister Wallis insisted that she didn't need to rest so they were proceeding with their scheduled lessons this afternoon.   I am sure they will both be crashing early tonight.

At the time they didn't know whether the surgery would be done here or back home.  She really wanted to stay so I was so glad when they called later this afternoon to say she would be staying.  I plan to go to the hospital with them and be there through the surgery and for whatever they need.  They are going to call me tomorrow after they meet with the surgeon with details and we can make plans.  If there is anything I can do they know all they have to do is call.  I live very close to their apartment.

I am sending a separate email with pictures.  Also, a text so you can see and hear that they are fine.

I know how hard this must be,  it please know that I will do whatever they need to get through this.

Sincerely, Donna