Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Madeleine made it to Atlanta!


Madeleine with President and Sister Bennion
Hurray- she made it!
This is a photo we received from Madeleine's WIFI camera- We know it is her companion.  But, don't have her name yet.

We received the following letter in the mail, dated May 26, 2015
HI!
I have officially made it to my mission.  I already love it!  It's so green and pretty!  It reminds me a lot of Cincinnati.  I was praying for the "Mission Mom" to be like Emee and she is exactly like her!  She had chocolate on our pillows and she is so cute!  I just love her!

Also the mission house is this nice, red-brick house that reminds me of Emee and Papa's.  I just love it here.  It's so perfect!

President Benin said he'll put me English speaking first so I can get used to how everything works and the routine and what not...  I am actually really excited about that because I was actually feeling sad I wasn't going to have the opportunity to be in a ward like the Rams.  Now I feel like I can embrace my inner southern belle better.

The A/C is definitely cold here.  Right from the get-go on the plane!  The flight was so COLD.  I was dying.  It felt so good when we landed!  I feel like I'm just taking in all this oxygen from the trees and lower altitude-ha ha.  It is definitely stickier.  I'm just so excited to be back in the south!  It's to too hot yet.  It actually rained today and is raining now.

We flew over with a group of 12.  There were four sisters including me.  Three Spanish speaking missionaries- me Hermana Ray and Elder Hernandez.  

I miss you all so much, but I know this is exactly where Heavenly Father wants and needs me, and that he knows and loves me.  I already love it so much!

President Bennion is super nice too.  He's going to be really great.

I love you all so much.  Thanks for being an amazing family.  It's crazy to think that this , her in Atlanta, Georgia, is where I'm going to be living for the next 18 months.  This is it.  And it's going to be awesome.  I am a bit nervous to start this work, and I'm excited to meet my companion, but it's all going to be ok.  Great even!

I love you so much!  I miss you too!  Thanks for everything!
Love,
Madeleine