Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 40- Norcross, GA- Spanish Speaking~ Halfway done!



 Madeleine on her bike- good thing her bag matches her bike.
 Exotic food.



 The triplets and their sister's baptism


Let's pick up our week without a car on Tuesday night. It rained, so
we decided to walk. Super sketch. It was cold, and even one of the
first people we talked with said, "why are you doing? It's getting
dark".  Also wasn't the best because now my companion is super sick.
(We are going to the doctor today!)
On Wednesday we tried to bike to a part member family, but quickly
discovered that they were not meant to be biked to. The only way To
get there is crossing the highway, and it was as we were standing on a
median in the middle of the high way with semis whizzing by that we just
decided to bag it. Hence my walking the bike up the hill. (We were on
the high way which is behind us in the selfie. If you look closely, on
the left you can see the median we were on....)

On Thursday we had dinner with a returning family. They are a miracle! We have been trying to help them get to church since I got here! The weird thing to was that they were coming to church last June, and then they just stopped, and WOULD NOT COME. We even went over 30 minutes before church started once and talked about "Choose Ye this day whom he will serve" and they still didn't come! Well last week the mom came, she signed up to feed us and they are singing the song of redeeming love! It was so wonderful. It was amazing to see her fully repented  and so happy! She just went on about how much she loves the church and the gospel and about how much she loves studying the scriptures. 
On Friday we were beginning to enjoy biking. It was honestly an answer to a lot of my prayers. On Wednesday we were sitting there in district meeting and I was just feeling kind of down. Then I naturally started having anxiety about feeling down. But when we went out on bikes it was all. "Oh! That's right. I'm addicted to the outdoors!" As unproductive as it was, it made me really happy! So we bike to the church to do some planning and then the elders show up in the car. They come in and ask us how biking has been. Sister Greenman has been using an extra helmet of our branch President because she didn't have one. Then the elders just go, "well, you don't have to worry about buying a helmet because here" and they hand us the keys. They said that they talked with the zone leaders and it doesn't make sense at all for us to be on bike, so we can just have the car. We felt like we were punked. But it was also a huge relief. 
On Saturday we had a BAPTISM! Aren't they the cutest kids ever?! They were so excited. They wanted to bare their testimonies after and they just said, "this is the best day of my whole life!" They kill me. Honestly. 
It was so cute then, when they were confirmed I peaked at them, (like grandpa) and their eyes were just wide open kind of looking around. Lol 
Then at dinner I told them, "I saw some of you had your eyes open when you got the Holy Ghost!" They kind of smirked and then one of them said, "you never told us to close them!" 
Oh right. I guess that was a fail on my part. Lol
I am so grateful to be here! So many miracles are happening! I know our Savior lives. He knows us personally and loves us. It is a privilege to help others grow closer to him. 
I love and miss you all! 
Love, 

Hermana Wallis
Sent from my iPad