Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 38- Norcross, GA, Spanish Speaking


Dear Family,
Happy Birthday again Mom!
This week was great! I love my new companion. She is so sweet and kind
and charitable. She is SO KIND. I literally cried our first night
because she was so nice to me.

When she arrived I decided to re-arrange some things on the apartment,
because I'm convinced I'm just going to die here. (I actually think
the primary leader is praying me here to stay because she likes me
because I play the piano in primary....) It felt good to change up the
apartment and just kind of create a fresh start here.

You can just call me the CTR11 queen because it seems that our most of
the people we work with are.... 11 years old. We have 11 year old
triplets on date sooooooon..... (They were so cute. When we invited
them to be baptized again, they just kind of stared at us in silence,
when their mom piped in, "Yes. They'll be baptized." Their faces were
shocked. One of the girls defended herself, "I was about to say yes!"
Lol)
We have the 11 year old who's parents just leave him with his grandma
and then disappear. Last week his dad showed up. He was so cute and
told his grandma, "tell my hermanas I'll miss them, but my dad has
come for me. I will see them next week!" 💔
Then we have two 11 year olds who are the only members in their
family, so we visit them... And try to get in with their family while
we're at it...

Yep.

Church was funny yesterday, because literally at least 3 people asked
me, "oh! You're back hermana!" I didn't go anywhere... Lol I'm still
here! And I'm excited to see what this next transfer will bring for
Norcross. I think good things are coming.
Last night we visited a less active and she has a lot going on in her
life, and she just kept saying, "I'm so tired. I can't keep on doing
this." I remembered Elder Uctdorf's talk, "A Summer with Great Aunt
Rose" and read Eva and Aunt Rose's conversation. My favorite part is
when Great Aunt Rose pulls out her bible and reads Rev 21:3-4 and 1
Cor 2:

I have studied those scriptures a lot, and it's always great when that
"second marshmallow" comes. As I was re-studying them this morning, I
felt the sweet confirmation of their truthfulness from the spirit.
It's great when the desire to hide in a closet with a carton of ice
cream goes away. The second marshmallow always comes. (Mormon messages
"Continue in Patience")

I love this work and feel so privileged to be apart of it. It has been
so sweet to feel so close to the spirit and our Heavenly Father. I
know that He lives and that we have a Savior, who is Jesus Christ. His
atonement is infinite and real.

I love and miss you all!!!
Love,

Hermana Wallis