Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 39, Norcross, GA- Spanish Speaking


The new Spanish Sister Missionary

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the Valentines Day packages! I loved them! And
the cookies were fresh! And I enjoy the shirt and all of the Christmas
cards. (Best thing ever!) Thank you!

So the big news around here is that.... We are now on a car share.
I've known for about a month, but have been in denial... And now it's
a reality. We get the car every other week. The hardest part is that
our area is so big, all of our investigators live about a 20 min drive
away. Thankfully we've had a lot of kind members who have been willing
to drive us to visit them. So it will all work out, it was just very
sad to hand the keys over to the elders on Sunday. It was very
depressing. Now we're really going to be biking here! (So grateful to
have a bike!)

This week we had zone conference and interviews. They were good.

We also had exchanges last Saturday. I got to spend the day with our
brand new Spain's sister! She is very cute, and really funny.

We have a baptism this Saturday! The triplets and their sister! They
are so excited. They all passed their interviews on Sunday, and even
invited their primary class to come! They are so funny. It has been a
delight to teach them.

I was thinking about trials this week and when I ran cross
country in high school, whenever I would finish a race I would pretty
much just collapse and start dry heaving and crying all in one.
Probably just because I'm over dramatic, but I would run so hard that
by the end I was purely fatigued and couldn't go any further. Since my
cross country days are long gone, I have often expected myself to
react in the same way at the end of something hard (for example, when
my parents picked me up at the airport after backpacking Europe, kind
of expected myself to collapse in tears in the back seat, just like
I'd collapse at the end of a race) but to my surprise, it has never
happened. I have been thinking about this and I have begun
to conclude it is because by the end, I am changed and made stronger.
As I was concluding this, it came to my impression, that the end of
the race is not yet. But when the day comes to meet the Savior, then
will I fall to my knees in tears of gratitude, saying, "Thank you for
carrying me through it."

I know our Savior lives. He is so good. I know that this is His work
and His restored church. I am so grateful to be a part of it.

I love and miss you all!

Hermana Wallis