Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 70- Transferred, English speaking. Lilburn, GA

So on Thursday I received a call from president. And essentially was told
we needed our trio to be broken up.  So, after some contemplation I volunteered
to be the one to go to the new area. This has been so sad. I honestly have been partially at a loss. Life
happens. I already talked about God's will and sacrifice.  I guess
this is the moment when I really realize that the mission is not about
me. At all.
I called president Sunday morning: " I know I volunteered for this...
But this is really sad... I just need some reassurance..."
He said he knew I was inspired to volunteer because first off my
companion needed me. I was wanting
specific blessings like " for this sacrifice I promise I you ...." But
instead Luke 17:32-33 came into mind.
"Remember Lot's wife.  Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever 
shall lose his life shall preserve it."I loved Spanish. And my heart is still broken because I will end my mission in 
English, but I can't look behind
me. I can only offer my heart to the lord and he takes it. I'm happy,
honestly. The members are excited and my companion is really sweet.
We've been talking with a lot of people and one of our investigators I
even taught with president while I was recovering from surgery. She's
so sweet. I don't really know what's ahead, I just have to trust the
Lord.
I've realized that I think the blessings of being humble before being
compelled to humility could just mean that we are in a better place to
accept and be at peace when we have trials. There is no " trial-free"
tickets for life. But there are always blessings! The senior
missionaries took me out for lunch for my birthday and president said
I could do special assignments with the Spanish branch...although
we'll see how that works with the gas shortage...  We're now walking
everywhere. 😁
I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve. I know this is a great work.
I'm love you.
Hermana/Sister Wallis