Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 69- Roswell, GA. Update: I'm still in a splint. My wrist is still brokenish/ healing. It still hurts sometimes.









Update: I'm still in a splint. My wrist is still brokenish/ healing.
It still hurts sometimes.

Anyways! This was my first full week back! And it came with full
force. There were bible bashers and doors slammed while at the same
time there were free lemonade stands, Puerto Rican testimonies,
commitments to keep the commandments and hearts began to mend and
heal. How much better can it get?
We found an apartment complex full of just Hispanics. They weren't too
excited to see us the first time we came to visit, but we went back
later in the week and decided to just love the people. It's amazing
what love can do. We were received by a family who asked us to come
back before we were finished!
This weekend we worked a lot with a family of recent converts. The
daughter told us about there mom's word of wisdom struggle. It was
crazy because on Sunday the word of wisdom was the Sunday school class
and then the relief society lesson on honesty became a lesson on
living with integrity and somehow that connected to how difficult it
was for everyone to quit coffee when they met the missionaries. This
mother stood up and bore her testimony about how she knows the word of
wisdom is revelation from God because of how difficult it has been to
change and keep! The commandments really are there for our protection.

I know I've said this, but Having a broken arm is really humbling. (I
know, back to the arm...)Sometimes I just want to take off my splint
and just be normal again, but then my arm hurts if I try to move it
and I realize I don't think it works that way. I think the Lord will continue to show
his hand in other ways while changing and strengthening me. (I could
always use a lesson on humility...) It's really crazy because over a
year ago I wrote about how in the MTC I was struggling hard core. Then
at a devotional this woman spoke about miracles. She said that 2 weeks
after she'd had her 7th baby she fell down the stairs and broke her
right collarbone. She was put in a cast for two weeks but she as a
mother of 7 children under the age of 12 and an infant, she was not a
good patient. So they had to rebrake her collarbone and completely
immobilized her right arm with this pin pole thing. She was devastated
as she felt so helpless with just her left hand. Then she was reminded
of Mormon 9:18-21. As she said prayers of gratitude each night
miracles began to happen. She was able to accomplish many things with
just her left hand such as tying a shoe! God didn't immediately heal
her arm, but he gave her miracles and the strength she needed to
endure.
Flash forward some error time... To me. And I've found myself in a
somewhat similar, though definitely not as drastic, situation.  The
Lord has definitely come forth and shown his hand in so many ways. (I
can now tie a shoe with just my left hand as well, in case you were
wondering...)
I feel so privileged to draw closer to the savior through this
experience. I feel a greater amount of empathy and understanding for
others on so many levels. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who is
loves us enough to inflict us. He sees the beginning and the ending.
He is all knowing, and all loving.

I love and miss you dearly. Thank you so much for the kind notes of
encouragement.
Love always,
Hermana Wallis

{Chick fill A
Carne Asada with members
Service!
My attempt at a heart.}