Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 61, Roswell, GA-Spanish Speaking

Time is going by so fast. We had apartment inspections today, so sorry
this is short.
We are still working with Samantha, our French investigator. It's a
lot of fun- the spirit is so strong in those lessons. We also love to
bring her recent convert friend, Anglaise, who ironically doesn't
speak any inglés. Haha but it's just so fun because she is just so
happy to go out with us, and we are just so happy she comes! (She
speaks French and creole and understands a little bit of Spanish) and
Sister Ray figured out that we have google translate. It has
drastically improved our communication skills this week.
We unfortunately did not have the baptism this week, Lesly will be
baptized next Wednesday. On her 12th birthday. Because she wants to be
"born again" on her actual date of birth. Haha I love her, and I just
love this work.
Once upon a time, someone told me that 50 years ago they didn't have
any of the key indicators or goals or anything to keep track to make
sure missionaries are working, they just went out and loved the
people. It's amazing what happens when we just love the people. I feel
like it gives God room to work His miracles, and the spirit is so much
stronger.
I know that this is His work and that He loves His children and is
aware of each of them. I say it all the time, but it really is a
privilege to be here. I'm so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I
know that He lives.
Love and miss you!
Hermana Wallis
Sent from my iPad