Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week 60, Roswell, GA- Spanish Speaking

 Exchange with Sister Blaire
 Investigator's apartment
 We had all the sisters over for studying and breakfast.

This week was super busy and crazy (like always). But it feels so
weird because technically it was shorted because we had preparation
day on Tuesday... Idk.

But we started with Exchanges! I went to the Milton ward with Sister
Blaire. She's super cute. It was fun because that ward covers the
northern part of the stake which starts to get really country. (Like 2
lane roads for days). We also did service at a nursing home. When we
were walking in I was remembering playing the piano at Sunrise, and I
had the thought that I should offer to play the piano for them. It was
fun because when we got there, they had forgotten we were coming so
they were starting to tell us they weren't going to need us but maybe
we could do some puzzles with the people or something. And so I just
asked if they had a piano and they got super excited! It was fun
because I was just able to pull up the hymns on my iPad and then play for the residents.
On Wednesday we got to go eat dinner with a less active. (I sent a
picture of the outside of her apartment.) That was literally insane. I
love the people here. :) they keep everything very interesting. Her
apartment was honestly beautiful on the inside. She had tile floor and
marble countertops with white and blue ceramics for the back splash.
She just also had SO MUCH STUFF. Lol this woman has a history among
the missionaries. She loves the missionaries and she was so sweet and
so excited to have us over. It was definitely interesting, but a lot
of fun.

Then I also got to exchange with Sister Allen. We are still teaching
our Haitian friend! I had taught her before on exchanges when we had
French sisters, and we used a team up. So I wanted to try the same
team up. The only thing about the team up is that she really doesn't
speak any English. She understands some Spanish though, but my
companion only speaks ASL and English and then we had our investigator
who speaks some English, French and creole. I will just say I'm so
grateful for the iPad and for the wonderful language apps. It was very
simple teaching but the spirit was so strong! It was just so much fun
and the team up was so happy to be with us (and I was just so happy
she was willing to come with us!) even though we all had no idea what
was going on!
This really is the Lord's work. Lesly (Irma's super shy daughter) has
been speaking complete sentences to us. So we are overjoyed. She might
be getting baptized this Saturday. So prayers would be nice. :)
I love this work and I love the message that we share. If you ever see
missionaries with the black name tags, or if they knock on your door,
do me a favor and let them in and ask them to share a message with
you. I promise that the message will come from the Lord and will touch
your heart.
I know that God lives and that He is our Father who loves us so much.
Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and His gospel is here! In its
fullness! Just for us! It is through His gospel that we can
have peace and happiness. The world will always be chaotic, but
because of Him, we can have peace no matter what our circumstances. I
know that because of Him, all the wrongs in the world will be made
right for those that love Him and follow Him.
I love and miss you!
Love,
Hermana Wallis

P.S. Also we had 11 investigators come to church. It was a little insane
because we were partially in the English ward and then also in
Cumorah. (Hey! Like the Cumorah pageant! Funniest thing-
most of the members don't actually know what Cumorah is...). We did
splits, Sis Ray stayed in English and I went into Spanish. Where I
took care of all the music. So to say... Lol- I was the
chorister. Which was fun because church is in the stake center so they
have a chorister podium in the middle of the stage behind the pulpet.
Then I sat right behind that in the choir seats. So I could just watch
everyone for sacrament meeting. My favorite were the kids that would
recognize me and wave to Me. Made my life.
Just thought you would like that.
I LOVE YOU.
And! Thank you so much for the dress! It's so nice! I'm wearing it
tomorrow for zone conference. THANK YOU!!!