Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 36, Norcross, GA- Spanish Speaking

 Dear family,
Welp. It snowed this week! It was pretty funny because everything was
closing early, and it didn't look all that bad. How the times have
changed me! Haha
It was super nice though because everyone was home!
We had exchanges. I got to spend the day with Sister Gonzalez. She is
from El Salvador, but lived in Utah since she was about 11. We taught
the triplets this week and it was cute because she was baptized when
she was 11 so she was able to relate how she knew the Book of Mormon
was true. We also talked about keeping the sabbath day holy, so when
our video didn't work, I shared about my soccer experience. (Didn't
play or go to the slumber party on Sunday, wound up being the only one
who didn't get sick because the coach's daughter had strep). They
liked it and came to church! So I got to go to Sunday school and
sharing time with them! It's a great time to be a missionary because
all the classes are on the Book of Mormon, and particularly the
chapters the kids had read this week. It was so good! They were so
excited to participate because they were familiar with the stories,
and they were better abled to understand and learn from them. It was
fun.
I am so excited for them. They read at least 1 page of the Book of
Mormon every day. It reminds me of when I was their age, 11, that's
when I started reading the Book of Mormon every day. I remember
praying about it and for the longest time I thought I wasn't getting
an answer. I remember one day being really frustrated, "but I know
it's true!" Then I realized I had my answer. Since then I have never
missed a day of reading the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon.
It is another testament of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my best
friend because of that book. I know that He lives and this is His
restored gospel. I love sharing it.
I love and miss you all!!!
Love,
Hermana Wallis