Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 52- Roswell, GA - Spanish Speaking






Wow. So I'm officially at a year with this tag thing. And you know
what? When I sleep, I miss the weight of my tag on my shoulder. It's
become a necessity.

Here are a few things.
1. I am exhausted. But I'm so happy. Kind of weird. But I'm so happy
to be here.
2. I've discovered I think something essential is being happy. The
Savior says it over and over again, but I just needed to pay more
attention I guess... Luke 17:32-33. Forget about yourself and focus on
the Lords work, but don't forget that it's HIS and we ought to let Him
keep it. When I'm stressing out about things, I find that those are
our worse weeks. But if I just focus on the work and trust that the
everything will work out, the Lord works His wonders.
I really wish I would have realized the importance of just "forgetting
about yourself" earlier in life. (But I'm still young. Right? I get
some points for that. Right?) Also, finally realizing that my entire
family is right. I can relax.
 There was a little bit of drama this week with sisters and the zone,
and while on a conference call with the zone leaders we all realized that these problems,
weren't even problems anymore. But they were things from last
transfer! I even had to talk with President about it. I just told him,
"you know, I think we can all just relax. We just need to forget
about ourselves and focus on the work. The Lord will work it out." He
took a deep breath and just said, "thanks. That's exactly what I'm
going to do. Just focus on the work."
Last night when reporting numbers, one of the zone leaders asked me
how we hit so may of our goals each week. I told him Luke 17:32-33,
and that I've learned to just let the Lord keep his work! Really, when
we stress, I think we're often worrying about ourselves and so it's
hard to feel the spirit. But when we can relax and keep a good sense
of humor about things, the Lord works it all out. (Just like all of
your emails! I loved them!)
This week was really good. We re-started reading the Book of Mormon
with a less active and it was so fun because he was so excited to be
understanding it! Haha we started with the title page and explained
the purpose of the Book of Mormon and what it is. After each paragraph
he would go, "oooooooooh! Let's keep going !" His wife was even
shocked when he said, "I'm going to read it!" After finishing the
introduction. It really gave me a testimony of the basics.
The people are so good here. We had a fun dinner with a mom of 4 kids.
The oldest is 14, and then the youngest 3 are aged 7, 5, and 3. They
were hilarious and so high energy. The oldest was leaving, when his
mom said, "don't leave. They're going to follow you." He turns around
and they were all lined up ready to book it with big puppy dog eyes.
He then just said,"here's my phone" and tosses it across the room. The
kids literally leaped at it like piranhas. My companion and I were
dying.
Then yesterday, our branch mission leader invited one of our
investigators to be baptized and have him a date and time and he
accepted! We were all floored at coordination meeting when he told us.
I love this work so much. It's exhausting, but I'm happy. Life is good
and I have so much to be grateful for. I know that this is the true
gospel of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and He lives. For that we can
always have the hope that things will work out. And if they don't work
out here, there is still an eternity ahead.
I love and miss you!
Love,
Hermana Wallis

If you want to write to Madeleine: madeleine.wallis@myldsmail.net