Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 51, Roswell, GA- Spanish Speaking

Happy Birthday Dad! And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the
world. Especially mine!
This week was kind of crazy (like every week) but has been so
wonderful at the same time.
It was super stressful in some ways. (Car battery died, we received an
eviction notice... Etc) but the Lord was also abundant in His
blessings and miracles. The eviction notice was a glitch in the system. Thankfully I was able to give them the check from the mission office before being evicted. I feel like the Lord just opens the Heavens all at once sometimes...
On Wednesday we were leaving service and we felt exhausted and hungry.
But instead on going home, we decided to stick with our plans and try
to visit some more referrals. We walked up to the house and tried to
contact the guy outside. He just immediately told us, "I don't like
Mormons" and would not give us an answer as to why until he just told
us to go talk with his wife. Upon entering the home, the first thing I
saw was "The Living Christ". We were so confused until my companion
recognized them as members who attend the English ward. (Even though
they're from Peru) they were just serving dinner and were so kind to
feed us and then! His wife took us to go teach her brother-in-law
who's a non-member and just had surgery. We shared "Mountains to
Climb" emphasizing the atonement of Jesus Christ, and introduced the
Book of Mormon. He loved it so much he was praying to change his life
at the end of the lesson.
I know Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know the
Book of Mormon is true as another testament of HIM. It truly testifies
of the significance of His sacrifice for us, as He is the Savior of
the World. I am so grateful for wonderful parents who taught me the
gospel and have given me wonderful examples of Christlike service and
living Christ-centered lives. As stressful as this week sometimes
felt, I know it pushed me closer to Him. I have felt His love and seen
His hand in my life. And I am so grateful for that.
I love and miss you all!
Love,
Hermana Wallis


The dream team: Cumorah!

 Our phone call with Madeleine on Mother's Day- perfect in every way!
Family Photo