Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 45, Roswell, GA- NEW AREA, Spanish Speaking

 pre- haircut





Dear Family,
This week was weird. Well. Yeah. Weird.
I'm just on the other side of the stake now so it doesn't really feel
like I'm in a new area. I kind of already know where things are and
the sister training leaders were here before, so I've been here on
exchanges. It doesn't feel like I'm in a new area, just on a loooooong
exchange. 
My new companion is Sister Solis! I sent a selfie with her probably 7
weeks ago.... We had exchanges her first Saturday. This is her second
transfer. She's awesome. She is super fun and just a great missionary.
She already knows her stuff and is a super hard worker. It's a really
big blessing to be with her. She's 21 and from Seattle. Before her
mission she was a pre-school teacher. So, she's great.

I hope everyone had a great Easter! And the women's conference was
amazing. I loved it all so much. Service is the essence of the gospel!
Without it, it all means nothing. (1 Corinthians 13; 2 Nephi 26:30;
and just a bunch of scriptures everywhere...)
This week, as great as it was, was a little interesting because we
received some hard rejections...
We stopped to talk to two guys working on their car. They said that
their mother was even a member (and it sounds like she was pretty
active!) but they wanted nothing to do with us because all we did was
talk about Joseph Smith. And they went on about it.
And I just wanted to cry.
Because I'm here to bring others to Jesus Christ. Just wanted to share
an Easter Message. And let you know that Jesus Christ lives, and that
we can come unto Him because His gospel has been restored.
(But I couldn't cry. Because apparently I'm training. And I had to be
strong for my companion. But I'm pretty sure I was more hurt than
her...)
Then there was what looked like a big family gathering outside of a
house across the street from some investigators. They were nicely
dressed and had all of this food outside. We went up to talk with
them, but everyone was kind of doing their own thing. We talked with
one guy, who shared that they were just coming back from a funeral for
their dad, and there was a gas leak, so they were going to eat
outside. Then we went to talk with this young mother who very promptly
gave us what sounded like a rehearsed sermon of anti material saying
that our service was even offensive to the Lord. And finished saying
we should consider really studying the scriptures and going home.
I prayed to know that the Lord would have me do, and I thought about
what it really means to be a representative of Jesus Christ.
When she finished I just said to her, "thank you for sharing your
testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. We know that He lives and it is
a privilege to serve Him. We just wanted to offer our condolences to
you and your family. What can we do for you?"
She was a bit taken back and quickly referred us to the home owner,
who was nice and offered us well deserved cupcakes.
I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and redeemer. I loved
the women's conference because it just tied everything together.
Matthew 10:38-39 and Matthew 25. It is a priceless privilege to serve
the Lord by serving His children. Faith, Hope, Charity, and Love are
what qualify us for the work. (D&C 4:5) That's what it's all about.
That's what good Christian livin' is. 😊
I love and miss you!
Hermana Wallis

If you want to write to Madeleine: madeleine.wallis@myldsmail.net