Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 23- Norcross, GA, Spanish Speaking


Dear Family,
Although you are in Hawaii right now, I would like to inform you that
I am in the greatest place ever. I love the mission so much.
This week we had zone conference and the whole focus was on developing
Christ like attributes, because who you are is just as important as
who you become.
https://www.lds.org/topics/becoming-like-god?lang=eng
I love the mission so much because I feel like it has been this
opportunity to just turn everything over to the Lord to allow Him to
change me for the better. It's not easy, but he's doing it. He takes
it all and is refining me.
The mission is a really great place to allow yourself to be changed
because no one really knows who you were before hand. So you can
completely re-invent yourself, and there is so much love that it makes
it a comfortable place to do so.
It isn't easy, and requires a lot of humility, but I am so grateful to
be able to say "'Twas I, but 'tis not I."
Don't get me wrong. I am no where near perfection, nor will I ever be.
And I still have A LOT to learn and I still make A LOT of mistakes.
Just this week I panicked and ended a phone message in the name of
Jesus Christ, because I didn't know what else to say! I think the
worst about this was that it happened, twice. Haha I then was fired
from making phone calls.... I have made plenty more mistakes than
this, but try to not focus on them.
Yesterday we, the missionaries as in me, Hermana Martinez, and the
three elders, had to sing in church. We sang "Más Cerca Dios a Ti". It
went well.
Our investigator who told us she wanted to be baptized the first
Sunday I was here, as finally decided to be baptized here. She has
wanted to wait until she goes home to Baranquilla, Columbia, because
she feels awkward now that her granddaughter is less active, but she's
decided to just get baptized the weekend before she goes home. So if
her granddaughter had a problem with it, it won't matter because she
will just be leaving the country the next week.  Haha it was hilarious
when she told us because her granddaughter is so nice, we figured
there must be something else going on. But really, she has just been
planning her own baptism this whole time. If anyone knows anyone
serving in Baranquilla Columbia, or it would be great if they could
email me so she's not lost when she goes back to Columbia...
We had a 5 year anniversary party for the branch on Saturday night. It
was great! There were some less actives and part member families that
came!
I love this work and am so grateful to be a part of it. I know that
Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives. I know that it is
because of His sacrifice, we can be made clean and we can be changed.
The atonement is real and it is powerful.
I love you all!!!
Love,
Hermana Wallis