Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 19- Norcross, GA, Spanish Speaking

Dear Family and Friends,
I love you all so much. Thank you so much for the emails and letters,
I love it!
This week was a little bit rough, but Fanny came to church on Sunday!
That was really exciting. And even better, her granddaughter's
visiting teacher brought her! Her granddaughter doesn't want to
continue in the church anymore, so we are hoping and praying that
Fanny's faith will remind her of how she felt when she decided to get
baptized.

On Tuesday night we went to an English class to try to find new
investigators. Supposedly the week before, the whole room had been
filled, but this time there were only 2 that showed up. Maybe this
week there will be more. The teacher also a less active, so it's good
to work with him.

On Wednesday, we went and tried to translate at an elementary school
for parent teacher conferences. That was fun!

We have been working hard to try to contact a bunch of our potentials
to find new people to teach. I honestly love contacting and tracking.
People are so interesting! I really love the ones who will just talk
with you and share with you what they believe. Because then, all we
have to do is listen. I feel like most people know and believe in the
gospel of Jesus Christ, they just don't know it, because every person
on this planet accepted the Lord's plan at some point, to be here. So
I feel like our job as we listen is to help the recognize the gospel
truths they already believe in, and then build on that. On Saturday,
we tracked into this guy who was telling us all about how the whole
media is trying to get rid of Christianity, and all the owners of the
big networks like
Comcast etc, are anti-Christians. So we just listened to him, and then
when he was finished we talked about how as we are growing nearer to
the Savior's coming, how satan's influence also grows stronger, and
how the Book of Mormon talks about everything he was talking about. So
we then invited him to read 2nd Nephi, and because we had taken the
time to listen to him,
He was totally excited to go look up 2 Nephi!

On Saturday we got to go to the Women's broadcast. It was very fun. We
had a member from the English Ward drive us, because our Spanish
branch was having a big surprise party for one of the members....
#spanishproblems but it was still fun to go to the conference, and we
We're so grateful to be there.

I play piano for opening exercises (they have their meetings
backwards and so they start with a prayer and a song all together) and
have played for sacrament as well as they want me to play for the
primary program.

We ride our bikes in areas where we have a lot of people we work with,
and when we aren't going far from home. It's really nice especially
when we are at the end of the month and low on miles :)
My companion does have a bike and she rides it every morning with me
while I run. It's a really good workout!

I love you all so much! I am so grateful to be a part of the Lord's
work. It's really amazing.
It has brought me so close to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him so
much and am so grateful for all that He has done for me. I know that
He lives. I know that through Him, the Lord strengthens us to be able
to endure whatever this life throws at us. That is how we are changed
to become better, so that one day we may return to live with Him.
I am so grateful for this time now that I have to completely devote
myself to helping others come unto Christ.

I love you!!!
Love,
Hermana Wallis