Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kennesaw, GA Week 12















A sign we found...



Wow. A lot has happened this past week.
On Monday night we walked through campus. We try to talk to everyone,
and there was a kid sitting on a bench listening to music. We went to
talk to him and it turns out he speaks mandarin and is from China,
here to study English. (I think KSU has an English program, So we
showed him the "because he lives" video (visual with written words,
easier to understand) and he was so happy! It was so cool. We met with
him later in the week and it's just so neat. We have to teach super
simply, but I think that's good. Simplify and intensify.
On Tuesday we went on another biking adventure... Aka biking for 3
hours to try to find a less active. It was so funny, we were stopped
and weren't sure what street we were on when this older man comes
pouting/stomping up the middle of the road glaring at us. He looked at
sister Kafu across the street and then squinted at me and sister
Castleton. When we opened our mouths to say hi and ask him what street
we were on, he threw up his hands and just yelled "NO! NOPE. NO!" I
honestly feel embarrassed for some people sometimes. It was hilarious.
On Wednesday we moved! Our new apartment is SO NICE!!! We feel so blessed!
On Thursday Sister Castleton got to go to the temple with a member to
see a convert go through. So it was just me and Sister Kafu. We told
the other sisters, and the elders that she had been emergency
transferred. It was pretty funny. We had the elders come bless our
apartment. Which was really good because I had just been waking up
paranoid at night. And that's really just more annoying than anything
else. (I haven't since!)On Saturday we finally got the car! We drove around to find less
actives, and we did the same on Sunday after church. At one less
active's this older lady saw us and immediately just said "no. Nope.
No. I'm not interested!" So we went up and knocked again to ask if she
knew the less active, to which she yelled at us, "GO AWAY!" Like a
hormonal teenager yelling at her mom. I'm honestly embarrassed for
some people. It's just funny how I don't think people realize they are
acting like 2 year olds when they treat us like that...
We found 2 other investigators this week though! And then today, we
were at a gas station getting frozen yogurt, and everyone was leaving
when I, naturally, decided to go to the bathroom again. So sister
Castleton and I went in, and is employee followed us in. She was
pretending to play on her phone, and I could tell she obviously just
wanted to talk to us, so I started talking to her, and sure enough!
Sister Kafu had talked to her earlier and she wanted to talk more
about the Book of Mormon, so we gave one to her and asked her if there
was a time we could meet. At first she was hesitant, but then she
said, "well, I can make time!" Miracles come from going to he
bathroom, family. Miracles. 😉
Today we also went bowling and then to the store. We split up because
someone wanted toothpaste and others wanted kitchen utensils. So
sister Kafu and I went to go get toothpaste, then we could not find
sister Castleton and sister Kafoa and sister Patterson for the life of
us! So we decided to just check out and have them called to the front
over the loudspeaker. They almost died. It was hilarious.
This week I've been thinking a lot about pride and humility and how
any form of sin or transgression really stems from pride, but anything
good, or of God, or Christlike, stems from humility. So we should
always be focusing on being humble in all that we do, and really, any
sort of blessing we receive should be humbling because it's just proof
of how much the Lord is in charge of our lives. And it's when we are
humble, that God's grace is able to work in our lives. James 4:6.
On Tuesday, while we were biking back home, there was an elderly lady 
working in the yard I thought about talking
to her, but decided not to because we are YSA and were headed home. So
when sister Kafu started talking to her, I was immediately riddled
with embarrassment. I felt so bad. We have been counseled to talk to
EVERYONE and here I was singling people out! I then struggled on the
bike the whole way home, until I repented and committed to talking to
EVERYONE again. While I know that struggling wasn't a punishment, I do
believe that I just missed out on the blessings of a smooth ride
because I wasn't 100% obedient.
I love you so much! I love your emails! It is honestly so fun out
here. I think that what we do is actually so cool. I love all the
sisters I work with and the people. It really is just fun to serve!
I love you!
Sister Wallis
Our Zone

 P-day bowling
Sister Robinson