Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kennesaw, Georgia Week 5


So this past week was great! We got 2 new investigators! And we have
two progressing! It's awesome!
Can I just write about dinners in the YSA (Young Single Adult Branch)? The food people feed us 
is so great and so are the people! 
I love YSA so much! 
We walked a lot this week- IT IS HOT.
I forgot what real heat feels like. I honestly forget while I'm
walking, that I'm still in the U.S. I often like to pretend that I'm
in Cayman or somewhere else. Haha
Another cool thing: so every once in while, during church or even a
lesson sometimes! I will forget that I'm on a mission and will
literally re-decide to serve a mission. It just cracks me up because I
will just be listening and I will question myself, "should I serve a
mission?" And then re-decide/ get a re-confirmation that "yes,
Madeleine, you should serve a mission. A mission is the right thing
for you. It will be a good thing." And then I get all excited that I'm
going to serve a mission and then BAM! I remember that I'm on one! HAHA


So I've been a missionary for one month and so far any expectation I
had about my mission has been blown out of the water!
I still love being a missionary though don't worry.
Someone finally clarified what was going on. So a new sister is coming
in and for the next three weeks we will be a trio (me, newbie, and
sister hanks) and then I am taking over the area and will train
someone else because the newbie will take over Sister Hank's area... This surprises me and any expectation I ever had are blown away.
I am absolutely heartbroken about losing Sister Stenquist, my current companion. 


She is amazing. She was a direct answer my prayers in the MTC. I love her.
She's being sent to be with a sister who came out with Sister
Beckstrom and was trained by Sister Barnard. (Sister Beckstrom and Barnard are the two missionaries who were in the car accident.  Sister Beckstrom is still in the hospital and Sister Barnard, sadly didn't survive the accident). Sister Stenquist needs prayers too.
I know that somehow Heavenly Father has a grand plan. While I am so
heartbroken, I am so grateful for the time I had with Sister Stenquist. I know that this other missionary
needs Sister Stenquist's sweet spirit. Heavenly Father is
watching over all his children- which sometimes requires sacrifices
from others. Alma 24:14

 And the great God has had mercy on us, and made these things known unto us that we might not perish; yea, and he has made these things known unto us beforehand, because he loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore, in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the plan of salvation might be made known unto us as well as unto future generations.

I know that I'm where the Lord needs and wants me. While it's tough,
especially with days like today, I know that the He knows and loves
me. I know that He answers our prayers. I am so grateful for the
opportunity I have to be out here, doing his work.
This morning I read 2 Nephi 32:3, which reads "Angels speak by the
power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ".
And I just think that is so cool. It makes sense, but how cool is it
that we can have the same power as Angels! When we are worthy of the
Holy Ghost, it qualifies us for Heavenly Father's work. He is able use
us as mortal Angels! I just think that is something very special to
remember.
I love you!!!
Sister Wallis